In the interests of never giving up (and because I’m still in that bloody hole of not knowing what I’m doing) I have been looking and have found (well sort of)! Following are two versions of the subquestions for my thesis. So while I don’t have the actual thesis question over time, I can at least see what I was thinking in the detail. Have put this here so I can find it next time I get lost.
- What are the current expectations of university education as presented in the literature, given the impact of modern day commodification?
- How can expectations of actors within the interested parties of universities, Government and industry, be used to build an understanding of commodified university education?
- Do the expectations of interested parties align with commodification?
- If not, why has commodification become the dominant discourse of university education?
- If they do align, why is there so much concern in the literature regarding the future of university education?
- What does the literature say has happened in university education over the last 30 years?
- What do universities expect of university education today?
- What does Government expect of university education today?
- What does the accounting profession expect of university education today?
- Do the expectations of questions two to four meet the reality as described in question one?
- Are there issues in the differences/similarities between expectation and reality that need to be addressed for university education?